5 americans and a big tobacco

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from redfishsc

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

Here's my work from last night. There was one American from paduk but I gave it as a welcome to my new neighbor. Had another American that, due to user error, started out as magnolia.... then had to be converted to koa.... then to canarywood. I can't believe I blew out three in a row. What a waste, but hey, look on the bright side. Someone, please, tell me about the bright side..? [B)]

The top is a zebra cigar. A friend warned me zebrawood smells like zebra poop. The finish on these looks a lot better than my limited photography can show off all at once. All but the coco and boco finished with conversion varnish

Anyhow, top down:
zebra (cigar)
zebra (american, as all the others)
spalted oak
purpleheart
bocote
cocobolo
austrailian cypress (fun to turn, aweful to sand, very gummy, but very purdy)

misc_americans.JPG

misc_americans2.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I like the display but the pens pictured all at once are too small to make any comments on other than "they look good from my house"
[:D]
As far as the Zebra wood is concerned I always thought it was related to pi$$oak based on the smell.
Good luck with the American Classics[;)]

redfishsc

I appreciate the response, all. Lol, the reason I did them all at once (aside from showing off the display[;)]) was b/c I have a dial-up connection and would have been pain to upload them all. That, and when folks post 7 pics it takes forever for my NetZero pathetic loser-company worst-dialup-I've-ever-seen good for nothing, can't wait to cancel it internet service to load up. I'd drop them RIGHT NOW if it weren't the fact that we will be moving in a month or two and will have to establish new service elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom