.45 Long Colt Pen Stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Pen Stand made from Olivewood & a cylinder from a .45 Long Colt
Fits a variety of pens. Story below, thanks for looking, Anthony

Good friend and client came by yesterday, Jim Martin. One of the last true cowboy quick draw champion old timers. When you see this old pickup roll up with the hood orniment that is a bowlegged cowboy in a ten gallon hat ready to draw down, you know your in for at least an hour full of stories. Well Jim either needed some money or really thought these cylinders would make nice pen stands. So I bout six from him and decided to whip one up for him. Something simple that wouldn't take much room on his workbench and nothing fancy, because it will never see anything other than a beat up pencil or a Bic. So Jim did bring with him some photos of his better looking days when him & his cow pokes were at some Las Vegas hotel for the world champion fast draw competion in 1959. Arthritis and about 150 lbs have slowed Jim a little, but Jim is one of the last true western Icons, that has won world champion fast draw competions, renowed pistol smith, and teacher to the old time cowboy stars on how to handle a firearm, do spins & tricks. Just one of many colorfull charicters hiding out in our small town. Here is a link about a little of Jim's history for any single action Colt guys out there.

http://pages.prodigy.net/jamesrmartin/

200518164035_DSC01130.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodpens

That is really slick, Anthony. Little niches like that are great sellers. When the right person sees it, they just have to have it!
Beautiful job!

WoodChucker

Anthony, nice job and good choice on the wood for the holder, I'm sure your customer is a happy man. Thanks for sharing!

R.T.

G

Impressve.
Now if it were me I would make 6 antler shell casing pens and sell it as a complete set,I would not break up the set.
I would label it as such and name your price.
If someone HAD to have one of the pens, charge a premium price.
Of course you would already have a replacesment made and"reload" after the customer left.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
They say the pen is mightier than the sword...but I doubt it could beat a .45 long Colt[:)]

Really creative, and very nice, Anthony.

JohnPayton

PenWorks

Thanks for the coments, I like your thinking Eagle, just might have to start that project to. I bought some new 7mm Mag brass to due that a month ago............

Your right John, "never bring a knife to a gun fight"

Ed, look close.... there is your stand of bottle stoppers in the photo.

Anthony

jkirkb94

Great idea, Anthony! I can't tell from the photo, did you have the cylinder gold plated or is it chrome! I also like your stopper holder in the background.[:)] Kirk[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom