45 / 30-06 w/ Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from socdad

socdad

I've been on a cartridge pen kick for a while (thanks again seamus). A friend wanted something using a .45 cal cartridge so …

45 36-06 w Antler.jpg 45 36-06 w Antler Cap.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lsweeney

Cartridge pen

I like making these too, but haven't put a clip on any so far , please share how and what clip do you use and where do you get them. I just yesterday posted a picture of one of my cartridge pens , have a look...

Attachments

• P7140307 (700x523).jpg
    P7140307 (700x523).jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 120

socdad

I used a clip form a cigar pen, left over from making a 50 cal. I cut a tenon, with a 90 deg shoulder, at the top of the cap so the clip would slip down to where the 45 cartridge & antler meet. Then I made a plug fits in the 45 with a hole that fit over the tenon. A couple of drops of CA … really nothing special.

JD Combs Sr

Thanks for the great information.....

Good looking pen Jeff

Sweeney, here is a link to Wood-n-Whimsies, they carry the cigar clip(only three colors but...). I have used several of their gunmetal ones for bullet pens. It would be fairly easy to adapt the threaded finial to fit inside the 45 and then it would screw on/off. I like using the whole assembly because it makes using a Parker refill in the bullet pen much easier.

Last edited:

socdad

You did a great job on that, but now I challenge you to hide that clip ring just on the inside of the finial. Did you powder coat the casings?

I thought about a hidden clip but small steps for this old guy seem to work better … next one I'll give it a try. I did not powder coat, however I coated with a spray on lacquer that I have used with some success before.

socdad

You did a great job on that, but now I challenge you to hide that clip ring just on the inside of the finial. Did you powder coat the casings?

Every time I looked at this pen I kept thinking about your challenge … kind of like trying to get an old Led Zeppelin song out of my head; so I took the blasted thing apart and reworked the cap … I'm reasonably pleased with the outcome, comments / suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• 45 30-06 HC.jpg
    45 30-06 HC.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 110

seamus7227

Every time I looked at this pen I kept thinking about your challenge … kind of like trying to get an old Led Zeppelin song out of my head; so I took the blasted thing apart and reworked the cap … I'm reasonably pleased with the outcome, comments / suggestions welcome.

EXCELLENT!! Now that is what I'm talking about right there! I am thoroughly impressed!

Top Bottom