4 recent pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seht

Status
Not open for further replies.

seht

Here are 4 of the recent pens I have been working on. the Fountain pen is the newest one. I think I like making those.

I'm still working on learning the CA finish, I have been experimenting with it. The FP has CA, the rest are just friction polish.

Also working on my photos, still trying to hone in on that. I need to build a photo tent and see if that helps as much as everyone says it will.

Thanks

Scott

pens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Well, from way up here, the fit looks good on all of them, but can't really tell about the finish. If you like making fountain pens, get some Baron kits from AZ Silhouette. I have a hard time liking how a cigar pen looks as a fountain pen, but that just my opinion. You might also try a couple of cigar pens with a slightly fuller upper section. These look find of skinny, but again, that's my opinion and others might not agree.

seht

Well I like fountain pens, to me they seem classy even on less expensive sets, that is just my prejudiced opinion of the fountain pen. Not sure how I came up with that, but it's what seems right to me.
As for the Cigar fountain pen, it used the same bushings as the standard cigar pens, so I thought I would give it a try. I was pretty lucky because the part of the wood that gets taken down to the barrel is exactly the same size as the parting too I use, so that part seemed to be straight forward. Assembly was really easy and it all went together smoothly.
I am deffinately going to try some of the other kits errr fitting sets, but they are a little more to a lot more expensive and my skill level makes the extra costs intimidating to me. I mess up enough of the less expensive pens I'd hate to ruin a more expensive pen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom