4 pens from the week

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

The top slimline is spalted tamarind and the other is mahonia with some sapwood. The bats are maple and antler. Enjoy and as always, comments (good, bad, or otherwise) welcome.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200578185116_bats%20and%20slimlines.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Hey Don!

I really like that top pen! The accent ring really sets off the spalting. Very cool! And you really caught the sapwood transition on the second one well! Mahonia? As in Mike Mahonia? [:p] And as always your bat pens amaze me! I wish I had four new pens to show! (Of course I could try turning some! [8D])

Scott.

JimGo

The Mahonia is very pretty! I agree about the accent rings on the tamarind, too - very nice visually. I think I like the shape of the upper barrel on the Mahonia a little better; the taper gives it a slightly more elegant look.

Are the baseball bats from CSUK? Or are you using parts from another kit?

its_virgil

Thanks all. The bat pens are from CSUK and I think Woodchuckers in Canada has them. These came from England and are the last 4 (two others just like these two) of an order of 50 kits last July.

The mohonia was the last scrap a wood seller at Provo had at the swap meet last summer. He had sold an entire pickup turck full. Looked for him this year but by the time I found him he was out again. I really like the wood. Know nothing about it. Wish I had more.

I started puting the picguard just below the end of the clip and think it looks extremely nice also. It sort of dresses up the "lowly slimline", huh Scott?

Thanks aging for looking and for the kind words.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

PenWorks

Very nice Virgil, I am partial to Tamerind, so I really like it, but that antler bat pen is pretty cool ! [:)] I'd say you hit a horn run with it [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom