4 New... homebrew, spalt, altered blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

200833192234_JU%20Pink%20Ice%20Cigar.jpg

This is one of my first casts. I call it Pink Ice. I painted the tubes pink and mixed pink pigment with the epoxy to make sure no brass came through. Seemed to work. My daughter grabbed this one right after the picture was taken.:)

200833192359_JU%20Solar%20System.jpg

This blank was altered a bit. I ended up with a few extra repeat blanks from an order so I decided to add my own touch. I call it Solar System. Most of my holes filled ok but a couple smaller ones I had to refill with ca and pigment. I need to get that pressure tank!

200833192623_JU%20Red%20Slash.jpg

This blank was the same as the above only I added the red slashes to it. Theyre hard to see in the image and I should have probably used a lighter blank to start with. The blanks were thin so a larger kit was out of the question.

200833192729_Xcut%20Spalted%20Sycamore.jpg

This is self harvested crosscut Spalted Sycamore. CA/Blo finish Im still working out the kinks when it comes to these tennons. Theres a slight difference between the band and the top thickness. Ive decided to keep this one for me. That doesnt happen very often. Too many sticky finger around!

All comments welcome. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

Very nice job on all! Your finish looks great! Pink pens don't last around my house either, not with a wife and two daughters still around.[:0]

bitshird

Good looking casts, I agree that flat top tenon is a bit hard, but not as bad as a 7MM. Euro wit the flat top it's just a mater of length and the Euro is Length and depth, Nice looking pens though very nice [^][^][^]

jhs494

Nice job John! They all look good, the finish looks awesome and the color on the first pen turned out great.
Thanks for sharing them with us!

JohnU

Originally posted by Mather323

Wow I love your home Brew,[8D] the pens look cool too!
The homebrew was easy. I had some left over off cuts of the off white (pr mixed with white ink) and introduced it to the hammer! Took the small pieces and dropped them in my pink pearl ex mix. Ive been asked to make green and blue next. Thanks for all of the kind words and encouragement.

ones

Excellent work! It was good talking to you at MPG. I'll remember to slow down in your area! Tell Debbie Hey if you see her.
Kev

JohnU

Originally posted by ones

Excellent work! It was good talking to you at MPG. I'll remember to slow down in your area! Tell Debbie Hey if you see her.
Kev
LOL... thanks, I should see her this weekend. I'll tell her hi for you.

Top Bottom