4 More by the kids

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
A couple more were added in to the batch today. They also made several segmented blanks that will be turned next week. I think the kids raided my spare parts section of my shop. These are block, Mesquite burl, Zircote, and Buckeye burl.

Attachments

• IMG_2587.jpg
    IMG_2587.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 324
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
They're doing some great work Neil . Gotta get one of those Brick blanks . Would go well with my signature ! :biggrin:

Freethinker

Very nice pens.

That's really terrific that you have your young ones "coming up behind you" to carry on your tradition of creating pens. It's truly something the whole family can get into and enjoy. The more the merrier. Later on, you may find that you have some incredible collaborations with them on new pieces of work.

Congrats on having kids who are motivated and interested in the activity/hobby of their father.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Very nice pens.

That's really terrific that you have your young ones "coming up behind you" to carry on your tradition of creating pens. It's truly something the whole family can get into and enjoy. The more the merrier. Later on, you may find that you have some incredible collaborations with them on new pieces of work.

Congrats on having kids who are motivated and interested in the activity/hobby of their father.
Thank you. While I would be proud to have these kids as my own, they are a couple of kids from a local high school. They were on the short track to doing hard time, members of a gang and just general pain in the a**es. We started working with this type of kid many years ago and have been volunteering at the school woodshop for a long time. In order to be in the program, they have to give up the gangs, the attitudes, and whatever else is holding them back. Several have gone on to college and many have gone into the service, it sure beats going to jail. These are the real hard cases that are just in need of some direction and I can relate to them because I was one of them, a long time ago. Sometimes even the worst ones can change if someone takes the time to get past the wall that they have built around themselves. I am extremely proud of how far these kids have come and how much they are enjoying life now. They are good kids, just had a rough start.

Top Bottom