4 Kings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

Well, 4 emperors to be more exact:)

Spent some time in the shop yesterday and today and made 4 emperors with blanks I haven't touched in quite a while.

The first one is an ivory celluloid from American Art Plastics (identified courtesy of Bill (bmachin) and others when I asked for help (the blank shot fire when I sanded it). Turned with my special grind on a roughing gouge, MM 12,000, Scratch Free, Huts Plastic Polish, Ren Wax.

The second is from a piece of blue cebloplast that I had. Thanks to Ed4copies on how to drill a blank where the drill bit is almost as wide as the blank! Finished as above.

The third is from something labeled Rocky Mt. Marble. Some kind of acrylic. Finished as above.

The last is a piece of black marble ice acrylic. Again, finished as above.

C & C welcome. I'll post a second one to show them open.

Attachments

• King 1 Ivory Celluloid.jpg
    King 1 Ivory Celluloid.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 306
  • King 2 Cebloplast.jpg
    King 2 Cebloplast.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 295
  • King 3 Rocky Mt.jpg
    King 3 Rocky Mt.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 271
  • King 4 Black Marble Ice.jpg
    King 4 Black Marble Ice.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 269
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

4 Kings Open

Here are the 4 emperors I just posted (closed position) in the open position. I didn't know how to post all of them at the same time, so I did it this way. I hope that's okay.

Attachments

• King 1 open.jpg
    King 1 open.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 196
  • King 2 open.jpg
    King 2 open.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 208
  • King 3 open.jpg
    King 3 open.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 205
  • King 4 open.jpg
    King 4 open.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 179

jttheclockman

Everyone of them came out very nice and with that kit really sets the blanks off. Those are some high priced pens. Thanks for showing.

elkhorn

Rod, thank you!

Mal, thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you!

Warren, I appreciate the kind words. I'll have to try some of these blanks on the lotus kits I got from you.

Billy, thanks for the compliment.

John T, thank you. I agree, I think the emperor kits go well with really nice blanks.

Herb, I appreciate the kind words.

Jim, thank you!

Jeff, thank you for doing that. I would have but I didn't know how:)

Tattooed, thank you. The blue one was the biggest challenge. The blank wasn't much larger than the drill bit. Then the tube got stuck 3/4 of the way in (even though I tried them first without glue), so I had to glue another tube from the other end. But it all worked out in the end.

elkhorn

D.E., thank you! I wish I could get a better photo of the black one. There is a silver pearlescent strip on both sides that is just beautiful, but hard to photograph. I may try some other angles to see if I can get a better shot. Here's to you:coffee:

elkhorn

Here's a retake of the black marble ice pen, trying to show the pearlescent stripe.

I tried to take these in the sunlight, handheld, so I'm sorry for the quality of the photos.

Attachments

• IMG_6559.jpg
    IMG_6559.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_6560.jpg
    IMG_6560.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 104
Top Bottom