3rd Time Is A Charm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

Well I got my Pentel pencil mandrel in the mail last week. Got this one turned Saturday AM before a penturners meeting. The first two blanks are now in the trash (thankfully I did not use the good stuff). Here is #3. Ebony (Macassar I believe). Finish is CA MM12000 and then McGuires Plastix.

I do have a question for those who have made several of these. Are the nibs the same size where it meets the wood for the .5 .7 and .9s?

pentelebonysm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

The dimenions for the nib itself (outside diameters) are the same, along with the thread to attach to the holder. The nib for a .7mm will screw onto the lead holder for a .9mm, but the lead size is the sticking part. At least that is what I am finding out with the pencils in front of me . Now which one is which..........

fiferb

I got to see this on Saturday and it's as light as a feather and as smooth as glass. It's a beauty, Hans. Great work as usual.

Rangertrek

Nice pentel. The finish looks superb.
I am also working on my first pentel pencil. Actually, the 2nd (1st in trash). I have several pentel pencils that are 10-20 years old since I was an architecture student. After some practice, I plan to do some modifications.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Good looking pencil!

I just ordered the pentel step drill and mandrel. Looks like I am going back to mandrel use - at least for this model. And then I am going to bring back 4 or 5 packs of pentels from Walmart.

Top Bottom