3rd Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Lynch

Yeah a bit much on the threads.Since you went that far just go all the way.See what kind of reaction you get.Other than that it's a cool pen.I like the stopper.

Cwalker935

Thats easy to fix, just take some off the front end and then polish it.

Lin.

I took your advice and trimmed off some of threads. I also tapered it toward the nib a little more. Much better, thanks for the advice.

Cody

Cwalker935

Here is a shot of the reworked threads

image.jpg

Brooks803

I think you're well on your way.

One question though....is that the nib housing that's sticking out or a handmade front section? I've never seen one with just the housing threaded in like that.

Cwalker935

I think you're well on your way.

One question though....is that the nib housing that's sticking out or a handmade front section? I've never seen one with just the housing threaded in like that.

The nib housing is threaded directly into the pen body. I have been just winging it without really studying a tutorial, so I may have it all wrong. It works and feels good in my hand. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brooks803

I can't say it's a necessarily a bad thing, but I would think it might be a point of weakness with such fine threading being the only thing holding the nib unit in place.

I think there's a library article on making a front section that the nib unit threads in to. That would be a better support I would say.

On this pen in particular when you removed those extra threads you kinda created a front section in the pen. So you could just chuck up the pen body and drill and re-tap to make the housing sit deeper in the pen.

Top Bottom