360 hb sweetness!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akbar24601

akbar24601

Hi All!

Here is an 360 HB pen that I made out of Maple, Padauk and Walnut. The pieces are 1/8" and there were 150 in the blank. The kit is an BlackTi Jr. Gent II. CA finish. This pen is very similar to what the end result of the blank you could win in the new raffle: http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50805 will look like. Of course the only difference being that that one has Honduran Rosewood not Padauk. Please know that this raffle is solely for support of the IAP.

Thanks to all for looking! I appreciate any and all comments!

Attachments

• Herringbone.jpg
    Herringbone.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 378
  • Herringbone - Open.jpg
    Herringbone - Open.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 267
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Nice, and someone else can have one by just entering a contest. I may have to buy some of those tickets. Great pen Dad.

akbar24601

Nice, and someone else can have one by just entering a contest. I may have to buy some of those tickets. Great pen Dad.

Look at it this way Neil. If it weren't for the forum, I would not have gotten such a great son and you would not have gotten such a great dad.

I know that you've got the HB down pat, but you could still win other cool things. Now listen to your dad and support the IAP!!! :biggrin::):wink:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Look at it this way Neil. If it weren't for the forum, I would not have gotten such a great son and you would not have gotten such a great dad.

I know that you've got the HB down pat, but you could still win other cool things. Now listen to your dad and support the IAP!!! :biggrin::):wink:
Yes sir:wink:

Rollerbob

Geez Steve, had I known you were throwing in the "prop", I would have paid cash for the ticket instead of the found credit card!!:eek:

glycerine

How's the second one going? Your first one was sweet!

Thanks! I'm still gluing aluminum to my walnut... then I have to finish cutting the pieces. It should be slightly different than other herringbones that I have seen so far in that the aluminum will only be on the ends of the pieces and not the wider edges. So when completed, there should be a thin aluminum line zig-zagging the length of the pen where each piece is joined together... if that makes any sense. I have a long weekend ahead of me, so hopefully I can finish it up then.

akbar24601

Yes, I do understand what you mean. That should look neat. I had done something slightly similar. If you look under my photos at "Jewelz" you will see the similar concept, though I did not do it to every piece. Can't wait to see how yours turns out! They are fun to experiment with aren't they.

glycerine

Yes, I do understand what you mean. That should look neat. I had done something slightly similar. If you look under my photos at "Jewelz" you will see the similar concept, though I did not do it to every piece. Can't wait to see how yours turns out! They are fun to experiment with aren't they.

Ah, is that how you did that... I also just saw your pic of the 12 sided herringbone. Very interesting. Yes, they are fun to experiment with.

akbar24601

Awesome, I really like the blank colours and married to the black ti was a great choice.

Thanks Mark, I'm really fond of that kit myself.

Ah, is that how you did that... I also just saw your pic of the 12 sided herringbone. Very interesting. Yes, they are fun to experiment with.

Yep, that's it. Yours should look really cool when you are done. I learned a few things from that first 12 sided HB. Talk about tedium and when I was done the blank was Enormous!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Thanks! I'm still gluing aluminum to my walnut... then I have to finish cutting the pieces. It should be slightly different than other herringbones that I have seen so far in that the aluminum will only be on the ends of the pieces and not the wider edges. So when completed, there should be a thin aluminum line zig-zagging the length of the pen where each piece is joined together... if that makes any sense. I have a long weekend ahead of me, so hopefully I can finish it up then.
That sounds like a wild idea, I'm looking forward to seeing how that one turns out. Good luck with it.

akbar24601

Thanks for the kind words all! They are nice looking blanks and there are definitely some cool fun things that can be done to them while making them.

Top Bottom