360 HB on a Jr. Statesman!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from USAFVET98

USAFVET98

Here it is! One of Neil' HB 360 in red white and blue on a Rhodium and Black Titanium Jr. Statesman.
This was one of the hardest blanks I ever turned, I think mainly because of the amount of work that went into it, I was afraid of breaking it. As always, comments and critiques are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Again Neil!

P.S What would you guys charge for this pen? Just curious..

Attachments

• 360hb 004.jpg
    360hb 004.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 304
  • 360hb 007.jpg
    360hb 007.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 360hb 008.jpg
    360hb 008.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 149
  • 360hb 009.jpg
    360hb 009.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 360hb 012.jpg
    360hb 012.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 360hb 013.jpg
    360hb 013.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 168
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chief Hill

I would change a whole bunch of things. So I will PM ya my address and send to to me so I can make the necessary changes. ROFL....

Its Perfect. Love it I still have NO CLUE how a 360HB is done but even if I do get it I dont think I would want to put that much time into it.
WELL DONE......

gad5264

To answer your question, I have no idea what it would sell for but whoever buys it is getting an absolutely STUUNING writing instrument.

Last edited:

USAFVET98

You have no idea. ! LOL he pre-drilled it with 7mm for me and I was still worried. You could never tell, but I did break a tiny piece, but glued right back together..

That is an outstanding piece of work, I would imagine the pucker factor is pretty intense while drilling one of those babies.

akbar24601

I know one thing for sure. Thin CA becomes your best friend when turning those blanks. I usually give it a good coating a few times during turn down.

Nice execution Brian, job well done!

USAFVET98

I did use a few coats of thin while turning. Even if it doesn't appear to need it, it doesn't hurt..

I know one thing for sure. Thin CA becomes your best friend when turning those blanks. I usually give it a good coating a few times during turn down.

Nice execution Brian, job well done!

Jgrden

If I had to lay those suckers together and glue them, turn them, stabilize them and finish them; I would like to see $150.00. If someone sent me the blank I'd charge $85.00.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Great job Brian ! I'm holding off on turning these for awhile myself . As far as pricing , you're on your own . Mine would never be sold , but the value is out of this world , AND , the next . You , and Neil did a really nice job on this pen .

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
If I had to lay those suckers together and glue them, turn them, stabilize them and finish them; I would like to see $150.00. If someone sent me the blank I'd charge $85.00.
Brian, go with these prices and I'll buy it right now. Could be a real quick sale for you.

USAFVET98

Hahaha LOL. Im not selling this, I am just curious. I think I will post it on my site for $350.00. It wont sell, and the customers can still see quality work. Now if it does sell, I will have to split it with Neil since he did most of the work. Or, at least buy another one for full retail.:biggrin:

I think this will be my personal user.:wink:

Brian, go with these prices and I'll buy it right now. Could be a real quick sale for you.

traderdon55

Don't put it on your site if you don't want to sell it! I've always said I'd sell anything but my wife and I have sold things I did not plan to sell just by pricing them high enough that I did not think anyone would buy them.

mickr

amazing blank..why not try to sell it..you can always get another blank & do it again & have $ in your pocket to do it

HSTurning

If a laser cut flag goes for $175 - $250 I wouldn't sell this one for less then $300. With all the labor to make the blank and the amount of material you go thru to make one of these I think $400 would be a better starting price if not more. IMHO

I personally keep the first of every pen I make.(well I plan on it) All the laser kits, circuit board, sierra, slimline, jr gent, truestone I have made the first of each is mine. I can show it and if someone likes it I will make another for them. I have about 30 - 40 pens in my personal collection. The only first I dont have is my first acrylic. That went to my boss of 16 years. Also this way I can go back and look at my old work and see how I have improved or not. I have always been a collector so whats one more collection.

PR_Princess

Brian and Neil, that is truely beauty! One great collaboration!

And whether you keep this beauty or put it up on your site is of course up to you. But, if you put it on your website, be fully prepared to sell it.

BTW, I just went to look at www.pononopens.com. I think that you did a great job on your site Brian. The care and effort you put in to your pens really shows. Heck, I had to stop myself from buying Island Breeze!:eek::biggrin:

USAFVET98

HAha,, THanks for the compliments. I work on the site every chance I get. That Island Breeze is nice huh? I know the people who poured the blank for that one.. :biggrin:

Brian and Neil, that is truely beauty! One great collaboration!

And whether you keep this beauty or put it up on your site is of course up to you. But, if you put it on your website, be fully prepared to sell it.

BTW, I just went to look at www.pononopens.com. I think that you did a great job on your site Brian. The care and effort you put in to your pens really shows. Heck, I had to stop myself from buying Island Breeze!:eek::biggrin:

Top Bottom