30th Anniversary His/Hers Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MattTheHat

MattTheHat

attachment.php

A customer asked me to create a his/hers set for a 30th Anniversary present for her friends. The traditional gift for a 30th Anniversary is pearl. This was my first suggestion...crushed pearl acrylic. I don't even remember when I got this material, but it's a pain to work with as it likes to melt whilst drilling. But the darker color material polishes to a simply stunning finish. The white isn't bad either. Venus and Statesman Jr. Rollerball kits in Rhodium plating, from CSUSA. I like the result. My customer seemed very pleased.

-Matt

Attachments

• his_hers_001_1.jpg
    his_hers_001_1.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 263
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Beautiful pens !!!!!

The white blank matches, by its look and your description, a material called Invisavue. I am wanting to buy some but it's no longer available I was told. Can you help, please?

jttheclockman

Beautiful pens !!!!!

The white blank matches, by its look and your description, a material called Invisavue. I am wanting to buy some but it's no longer available I was told. Can you help, please?

woodturning.pennstateind.com/crushed-pearl-pen-blanks

MattTheHat

Yep, Invisavue, that is indeed what it was called. I'm afraid I can't be if much help. I don't believe I have any left except a pice or two of blue and a piece or two of red. I do also have a piece in the coral color, but I have a project for that. I'll double check tomorrow to see if I have any extra.

-Matt

Top Bottom