.308 with Bolt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RichB

RichB

This is one I have had on my mind ever since the bolt action pens came out and I figured it out. It has a Parker refill and can be replaced. What do you all think?

Attachments

• IMG_1168.jpg Resized.jpg
    IMG_1168.jpg Resized.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_1165.jpg Resized.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg Resized.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 254
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TDicaprio

Nice- did you take a .308 kit (woodcraft) and a bolt (PSI)kit and combine? I like this conversion much better because you have a full cartridge rather than a partial one like the PSI bolt action kit. Best of both kits. Any chance you will share how you did this? thanks

sbell111

Nice- did you take a .308 kit (woodcraft) and a bolt (PSI)kit and combine?
That doesn't look like the Woodcraft kit. It looks like a real cartridge with a drilled-out bullet, not a fake one.

I've actually been noodling building a pen like this for some time. The way that I've imagined it, I would cannibalize a kit from a screw-top capped pen (such as those Classic American kits that have been hanging around for years) for the coupler and center band. I'd drill the brass to accept the coupler and turn down the center band to fit inside the top tube. I'd probably have to frankenstein the tube so that it will accept the turned-down center band coupler and the bolt-action kit's top section.

Another way (and perhaps easier way) to do it is to use the tip coupler from a Patriot/Polaris kit. Turn down the little depth-stop bump and press it into the bolt-action kit's tube. Then drill and tap the brass to mate with the coupler's threads.

Last edited:

RichB

Thanks for all the comments. I am having fun hearing all the different ideas. After hearing a few more I will let you all know. When I was making it I was thinking as I went. I think some ideas are easier than what I did. Rich

RichB

I used the PSI bolt pen top and tube along with a parts from a cigar. The projectile is a Barnes 150 gr which I drilled out like the PSI nib on the kit. I used the cigar coupler and turned off the flange. I then drill out the brass casing to the size of the coupler and soldered it in. I then took the cigar transmission and removed just the threads. I used other size tubes to build out the cigar thread tube to fit inside the bolt tube. The threads have to be recessed from the end. I epoxied the threads in and soldered the other tubes together. I then cut the tube to the correct length. and put on the antler. The pen length is 5 1/4 inch. It was a lot of fun. I am not sure but I don't think I have ever seen one like this on the forum. If anybody has more questions just ask I will be happy to help. Rich

Top Bottom