3006 with real bullet nibs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithlong

keithlong

Here are a couple of 3006s with real bullets for nibs. I had a couple of these bullets lying around the shop so I decided to dally with em and see what I could do with em. Here are the results. The tops are deer antler and drilled offset to leave a little bark on them. Hope you enjoy them.

th_smokymountains2010151.jpg

th_smokymountains2010149.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
wish I could blow them up so see close look will see them next week also.. from what I can see they look great.......................................

keithlong

Hey Ryan,
The kit parts that I did use are from a slimline kit. I used actual bullets for the nibs, and a once fired 30,06 rifle casing.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Reloader

Hey Ryan,
The kit parts that I did use are from a slimline kit. I used actual bullets for the nibs, and a once fired 30,06 rifle casing.

Are you a reloader with the dies etc to get the case back to the right size to accept the nib? I didn't do reloading myself but it seems to me that when I watched my brother there was always a step to make the hole round and the right size.....

I've made one of those but it used a regular slimline nib not an actual bullet.

Last edited:

keithlong

Hey Smitty,
No I dont reload any, I have a friend that reloads and he always knocks out the primers for me and when he does the die always straightens the necks on them. I gave him a pen made out of one of his casings for his service. And he only lives about 3 miles from my house. It is my understanding that this process is done while knocking out the primers.

Bellsy

Great looking pens, but a bigger image would be nicer to view them.

How are you finishing the brass and copper? I dip mine in lacquer after polishing them.

Dave

Top Bottom