300 Win Mag Kurpow!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Hello all,

I have been spending a little time working out some techniques for my casing pens. This is the second one that I have made. I have a buddy that is retiring this week with 30+ years of service. I thought it would make a nice gift. The casing shows up a little smeared in the photo, but does not look bad in person.

Anyway, Red Mallee Burl top with 300 Winchester Magnum Casing. I cut another 300 casing and used the extraction rings as a centerband which is fixed to the Mallee barrel. Euro Finial and Clip, slimline nib end.

I would like to thank KnottyHarry for all of his pointers and conversation.

Cheers,

James

redmallee300.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

It is funny how things work in life. He is a paramedic / Peace Officer for our department. His last name is smith. We call him "Doc Smith". Then I see your post. Isn't that wild? Something somewhere must be aligned for that to play out like that.
[:)]

Thanks for the kind words.

James

cjaussiepens

James, the first thing that "hits" me is the great pic !! then the pen, its a wonderful blend of wood and shell and the centreband idea is spot on, .... the nicest cartridge pen I have viewed on this great site. That 300 WM makes "Dirty Harry" redundant....[:)]....Cj ....

Fangar

Thank you all very much for the kind words. I hope to give it as a gift tomorrow. I showed it around today, and everyone thought it was pretty nice. I think I am going to have to come up with some more 300 Mag casings. DOH!

Cheers,

James

Fangar

Hello all,

I got the casing of the 300 win mag pen engraved at a local engraver. I think it came out nice and added a nice touch to the pen. Here is a photo.

James

2005628163856_engraved.jpg

Ryan

I keep telling myself that I have to try one of these. This just may give me the push I need. That and I have blown out a few blanks lately.

Nice looking pen. I am sure he will be happy.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom