.300 Mag

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

This is for a co-worker, He just took an antelope last week that may be a Nevada record, he has to wait for a 60 day drying time then have it re-scored. This a .300 Mag that he gave me to work with, I paired it up with a Speer 168 grain HP match grade .30 cal bullet. I used A cigar kit, the problem I had was the .300 mag is 84 mm long and the cigar kit 77mm long. I used one of the Parker spacers re-sized down to the 7mm difference between the kit and the casing to make up the difference. I also used a 7mm tube on the inside to insure that the spring did not get lost in side of this thing. This was the trial run so if he does have a record I am going to make him a pen out of the one he used.
Thanks for looking, Comments welcome.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 300 mag.jpg
    300 mag.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 345
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

I like it! You don't see many casing pens that are not slims or made from kits. I agree with Mike on the antler thing. The only thing giving me pause about it is the chrome parts. I know it wears better, but I think copper or gold (TG even) might look better with the brass.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
"Antelope" (actually they are pronghorns) do not have "antlers" they have horns. The are hollow except on the very tips. No one who has a trophy like that would cut it up for a pen anyway I would not think.

maxman400

"Antelope" (actually they are pronghorns) do not have "antlers" they have horns. The are hollow except on the very tips. No one who has a trophy like that would cut it up for a pen anyway I would not think.
You are correct on that one, how ever he did mention maybe using the tips of his Wife's Antelope. :rolleyes::beat-up:

Top Bottom