30 Cal. Bolt Action

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MIKL

MIKL

here is a play on the armour plating i have been playing around with

the copper plates with the writing came up great

the dilemma was which side should the writing go and i think i picked the wrong side, let me know what you guys think

the photos were taken a bit close to dusk but i am sure you get the picture:biggrin:

all C&C welcome

thanks for looking

MIK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Terrific Mik,
I think you got it right.
On the other side there is the Bolt Action Mechanism, for the viewers attention, so by putting the lettering on the opposite side you have given a balance of interest to the complete pen.
( I hope that makes sense to you)
Congratulations.
Brian.

turncrazy43

Mik, another winner from your shop. You always come up with great blanks & Pens. Look forward to more.

StuartCovey

Terrific Mik,
I think you got it right.
On the other side there is the Bolt Action Mechanism, for the viewers attention, so by putting the lettering on the opposite side you have given a balance of interest to the complete pen.
( I hope that makes sense to you)
Congratulations.
Brian.

That is a very nice piece of work. And I think OZturner is right about the the lettering.

MIKL

thanks for the feedback guys

i appreciate your thoughts on the placement of the words

however the new one i just made has the words on the other side because SWMBO told me i had to:eek:, i am still undecided though

MIK

theartist07

Great looking pen but i do have a question for you. Have you or anyone else tried making these without the tube. I have one but the tube did not come with it, was wondering if i should just order the tubes or try it tubeless. Any help on this would be a great help.

Thanks,
Jim

MIKL

Great looking pen but i do have a question for you. Have you or anyone else tried making these without the tube. I have one but the tube did not come with it, was wondering if i should just order the tubes or try it tubeless. Any help on this would be a great help.

Thanks,
Jim

thanks Jim

are you talking about the bolt action component set or the blank that i made

these blanks are made using Aluminum and copper tape, they don't have the structure to support all the pen components without the tubes for the press fit

if your talking about the pen component set then i am not sure, i have never made a tubeless/kitless pen, it is on the horizon however

i hope this helps

MIK

Top Bottom