30/06 Twist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

I cut the casing head and casing neck off a 30/06 casing, drilled out a lead free FMJ 30 caliber bullet to accept a
Cross refill.
Applied an Elk to a piece of curly maple using Testors Clear Waterslide Decal and finished with 10 coats of Thin CA using my Dipping Method that I'm still working on to perfect the process.
So far no sanding of the Thin CA required.

Les

DSC02638%20Custom.jpg

DSC02635%20Custom.jpg

DSC02641%20Custom.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stuckinohio

Very nice! I like the fact you use actual casings and bullets. Looks fantastic. I specially like the casing head. very nice detail.

I'm also intrigued by the dipping CA process. I'm sure many others as well!

bonsaibill

man that looks great! I really like the look of the casing in two pieces. Do you have any hints around drilling out the bullet? I have tried it on my lathe and the dang drill bit keeps getting stuck in the bullet.

OZturner

Magnificent Pen, Les.
Ingenious Construction, and Craftsmanship,
Love your Water Slide Decal,
Have you ceased using the Poly Dipping, or is that still your Fall Back Situation?
Congratulations,
Brian.

rd_ab_penman

Magnificent Pen, Les.
Ingenious Construction, and Craftsmanship,
Love your Water Slide Decal,
Have you ceased using the Poly Dipping, or is that still your Fall Back Situation?
Congratulations,
Brian.

MINWAX Poly is my main finish.
Just doing some experimenting with Thin CA Dipping.
So for so good.
It's quick and no sanding or polishing required.

Les

lorbay

Les in the 3rd picture you show an extra casting base but it's not in the other pic's. Was this just for show.?? Great pen by the way.
Lin

Skeels

I started out loving the bullet pens. The more I looked at them though the more I didn't really care for them... Man, this changed me back. This is a VERY classy bullet pen. Two questions though if u don't mind me askin. 1... Is it two tubes like a regular slimline? I made a "slinline" from a single piece of wood but used the two tubes, that way jut the tip twisted. Same concept? And 2... How do U keep ur brass straight when u cut? There's a slight taper to the brass is there not?

Last edited:

rd_ab_penman

I started out loving the bullet pens. The more I looked at them though the more I didn't really care for them... Man, this changed me back. This is a VERY classy bullet pen. Two questions though if u don't mind me askin. 1... Is it two tubes like a regular slimline? I made a "slinline" from a single piece of wood but used the two tubes, that way jut the tip twisted. Same concept? And 2... How do U keep ur brass straight when u cut? There's a slight taper to the brass is there not?

I just use a single tube to activate the transmission.
I use my band saw to cut the casing neck and casing head sections.

Les

Skeels

[QUOTE

I just use a single tube to activate the transmission.
I use my band saw to cut the casing neck and casing head sections.

Les[/QUOTE]

That just sounds too easy lol. Looks like I'm gonna have to head to the man store and get a new band saw blade.

Top Bottom