30-06 Tru-shell™ snakeskin and antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

These pens are true 30-06 rifle shells, polished using 12000 MM, double twist mechanisms, and BHW cartridge bullet pen upper barrel. One is a prairie rattlesnake skin ( thanks to Don Ward) that cast in resin and the other is Texas deer antler shed this year(notice the color). CA finish on the antler and MM to 12000 , and wet MM to 12000 on the PR snake. All comments welcome!

I know these look just like BHW replica shells, but they are true rifle shells. Ironically, the BHW cartridge pen kit upper barrel will fit onto a lower barrel cigar pen, so that is how I was able to make it work. Actually, I had a customer that wanted one of my rifle shell pens that way and it worked to my surprise!

Attachments

• Roy Upshaw Pens (snake and antler).JPG
    Roy Upshaw Pens (snake and antler).JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

I know these look just like BHW replica shells
I'm sorry Seamus, but I have to disagree with you. Your cartridges look MUCH BETTER than the replicas that come with the kit.

I also like the term "tru-shell". Is that a trademark for your pens, or just a term you've coined to describe cartridge pens made from the real thing?

Regards,
Eric

seamus7227

I'm sorry Seamus, but I have to disagree with you. Your cartridges look MUCH BETTER than the replicas that come with the kit.

I also like the term "tru-shell". Is that a trademark for your pens, or just a term you've coined to describe cartridge pens made from the real thing?

Regards,
Eric

Actually, just started looking at the Trademark requirements for that. Having a search done to see if anyone has trademarked it already. Thanks for the comments~!!!

snyiper

Nice Job on those two!!! We will have to see about getting you some copperhead hides to do!!! Ill keep my eyes out on the road for casulties!!!

seamus7227

Regards,
Eric[/quote]

I started the process today after your comment, I liked it so much, thanks for the idea! :biggrin:

Mark

Very nice. I've been trying to work out the specifics using 270 shells. A friend of mine gave me well over 30 of them. Just need to get the parts to work together. Nicely Done.

seamus7227

Very nice. I've been trying to work out the specifics using 270 shells. A friend of mine gave me well over 30 of them. Just need to get the parts to work together. Nicely Done.

Mark, the ink and transmissions are for the parker style inks, in case that was a question. Also if you would rather use 7mm twist mechs, then there will definitely need to be some mods done.

Mark

Mark, the ink and transmissions are for the parker style inks, in case that was a question. Also if you would rather use 7mm twist mechs, then there will definitely need to be some mods done.
Thank you. I've been working with the 7mm kits. the 270 has been the limiting factor. If I move to a solid 30 caliber shell, it would make life so much easier...:biggrin: Thanks for the info...

Sylvanite

I've been working with the 7mm kits. the 270 has been the limiting factor. If I move to a solid 30 caliber shell, it would make life so much easier.
I make kits from both 270 Win and 30-06 Spg calibers using 7mm parts. The two calibers are constructed pretty much the same, so I wouldn't say either one is easier than the other. Basically, just seat a drilled bullet of the desired caliber to the correct COAL (cartridge overall length), and drill out the case head to accept a 7mm tube. Either solder or glue in the tube (cut to the correct length), insert a 7mm transmission, and you're good to go.

I hope that helps,
Eric

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
They look good but one bit of advice on trademark...do not use the ® unless it is a trademark registered withe the US Patent Office. It is a violation of trademark laws and could get you in trouble! You can trademark phrases without having them registered but in that case, you can only use the ™ symbol.

TBCbushings

I like doing those pens. Here is a pen made from one fired from my grandfathers funeral.....

Attachments

• bulletpen.jpg
    bulletpen.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 129
Top Bottom