30-06 Split Tru-Shell® with Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

Here is my demo version of the split rifle shell pen. Obviously, there are some kinks that i need to work out but I thought i would share some photos. The idea for this pen came from the PSI executive pen kit. Obviously, the fit is far from perfect, but thats how we learn. The antler is finished with CA, MM to 12000, White diamond. The finial is the primer end of the rifle shell as seen in the photo. You pull the finial off just like the executive pen kit to change the ink. All comments welcome!

Also, The clip is from the Executive pen kit as well as the band just above it going towards the finial.
Another inspiration for this design was Don Ward's split rifle shell pen, Thanks for giving me sneak peeks of yours in person Don!

Attachments

• 30-06 Split Tru-Shell Deer Antler Parker Gel.JPG
    30-06 Split Tru-Shell Deer Antler Parker Gel.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 263
  • 30-06 Split Tru-Shell Deer Antler Parker Gel2.JPG
    30-06 Split Tru-Shell Deer Antler Parker Gel2.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 175
  • 30-06 Split Tru-Shell Deer Antler Parker Gel3.JPG
    30-06 Split Tru-Shell Deer Antler Parker Gel3.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Seamus,
You been sneaking around my shop again?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: You are welcome! Its handy since we just live a couple of miles from each other. I have some new toys to show you that I picked up from CSUSA last week.

Like the pen. That's about 3 or 4 new ones. You've been busy. See how much work you get done when I'm out of town. I look forward to seeing the finished version. That antler looks like it matches some from by antler box.:wink::biggrin:

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Here is my demo version of the split rifle shell pen. Obviously, there are some kinks that i need to work out but I thought i would share some photos. The idea for this pen came from the PSI executive pen kit. Obviously, the fit is far from perfect, but thats how we learn. The antler is finished with CA, MM to 12000, White diamond. The finial is the primer end of the rifle shell as seen in the photo. You pull the finial off just like the executive pen kit to change the ink. All comments welcome!

Also, The clip is from the Executive pen kit as well as the band just above it going towards the finial.
Another inspiration for this design was Don Ward's split rifle shell pen, Thanks for giving me sneak peeks of yours in person Don!

Safety Question?

Great Pen just a quick question. Is that a live primer or something you have inserted to simulate a live primer? I would hate for a beautiful pen to explode if something was accidently dropped.

seamus7227

Great Pen just a quick question. Is that a live primer or something you have inserted to simulate a live primer? I would hate for a beautiful pen to explode if something was accidently dropped.

That is a real primer end that has been (what's the word i'm looking for? de-primerized:biggrin:) and then pressed back into the shell casing. Safety is my number one priority when working with any live ammo until it is disarmed, then I can have fun and be destructive after that!:thunder::devil: But thanks for the concern!

Top Bottom