30-06 Rifle shell with Deer Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

I'm sure this has been done already, but I couldnt find anything on how to make it, so here was my first shot at it. I took threaded insert for the cigar pen, sized it, drilled the appropriate hole size, then pressed in. The bullet was drilled with 3 diff. size bits stepping down to accommodate the parker ink. I used everything on the cigar upper barrel accept the center band (ground that down so I could still utilize it inside the barrel) just not visible.

I would love to here comments, criticism, advise.

Thanks for viewing

Attachments

• 30-06 True shell with Cigar finial.JPG
    30-06 True shell with Cigar finial.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 248
  • 30-06 True shell Parker ink cigar twist mech.JPG
    30-06 True shell Parker ink cigar twist mech.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 224
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

Very well executed! I made a "slimgar" pen once, but eventually decided that I didn't care for the proportions. The 30-06 case is a little smaller in diameter than the cigar pen finial which makes the pen seem top-heavy. Your picture doesn't give me that impression though - and the antler looks quite nice.

Regards,
Eric

seamus7227

Very well executed! I made a "slimgar" pen once, but eventually decided that I didn't care for the proportions. The 30-06 case is a little smaller in diameter than the cigar pen finial which makes the pen seem top-heavy. Your picture doesn't give me that impression though - and the antler looks quite nice.

Regards,
Eric

Eric,
Thanks for comments! This pen is still in the design phases. Ultimately I just wanted to be able to offer my rifle shell pens with parker style gel inks! Once i get this pen where i want it, i will be designing a click rifle shell pen.

Top Bottom