30.06 Cartridge Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from boxerman

boxerman

I haven't posted much here. So i thought i would show all what i turn today. Had little trouble with it getting the blank round finally used my skew on it.:mad: Then the blank stuck to my mandrel and bushing stuck to the blank. I think it turn out good for trouble i had. Got the blank off of e-bay. What do you all think. Good or Bad Comments Welcome.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 227
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

boxerman

What types of wood are they?? I think they look great, have you sealed the brass shell yet with clear?
Don't know exactly what types of wood. The long dark ones look like maybe walnut. And the other not for sure. No haven't sealed the brass yet. Just used some brasso on it.

Last edited:

louie68

was this a kit that you purchase?
or where did you buy the tip? and use your own shell
nice pen thought you need to display your pens more by themself cause you are hiding you great craftmanship sticking it in something.
Try using a small rock, a spare shell, piece of nice wood to lay on, I think you get the drift.
Nice pen !!!

boxerman

was this a kit that you purchase?
or where did you buy the tip? and use your own shell
nice pen thought you need to display your pens more by themself cause you are hiding you great craftmanship sticking it in something.
Try using a small rock, a spare shell, piece of nice wood to lay on, I think you get the drift.
Nice pen !!!
The clip and nib is from 7mm kit it is gun metal. I bought 7mm kits from (smitty). And got the cartridge from ( pensmith) on e-bay with tube already inserted in it.

Top Bottom