30-06/ 458 casing combo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

This was an idea of mine quite some time ago, I finally got around to making it(like over a year). I'm not very fond of it, but the idea was to create a pen for a customer of mine in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area using the 458 casing. So my thoughts were to make it look like its one long shell casing split in the middle with what looks like black powder(carbon fiber) in the middle. Anyway, the guy has waited long enough, now I can tell him its done! Weww

The clip is actually a section of a 30-30 shell covered with silver solder and sanded lightly around the edges to show some brass. clip is soldered into 458 casing via a hole drilled in finial end. It was a pain to make, but i learned an awful lot from it, and ultimately, that was my goal.

Attachments

• 458 and 30-06 casings with carbon fiber.JPG
    458 and 30-06 casings with carbon fiber.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 458 and 30-06 casings with carbon fiber2.JPG
    458 and 30-06 casings with carbon fiber2.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tim self

I like the fit of it. I've been looking for an idea for a .444. Think I'll try it.

Cross or Parker twist? Like the clip as well. That's the hard part IMO.

seamus7227

I like the fit of it. I've been looking for an idea for a .444. Think I'll try it.

Cross or Parker twist? Like the clip as well. That's the hard part IMO.

This one uses a cross ink. the clip was hard to do but it taught me alot and gave me new ideas. I think the reason i sat on it for so long was because i didnt own my Beall chuck at the time. That came in super handy when i began working on it. Thanks to all who commented!

Top Bottom