3 Russ Lines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kevin Glover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Glover

Here are 3 I did in Russ line today. I like this style. First is unknown Burl (If you know it please tell me!, Middle was the first one I did with a piece of scrap to test it out, and the left one i did with Bloodwood and also did a mini mag. with some left over. I guess the addiction is kicking in fully now.:D Thanks to all you enablers! Kevin

20056245052_3RL.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Why not call them Kevin-lines, unless Russ turned them..and I don't think he did...you said your made them. Nice job...one of my favorite pens for slimlines. Don't think the idea was original with Russ...but maybe so. They look like Kevin-lines to me.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

vick

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />Why not call them Kevin-lines, unless Russ turned them..and I don't think he did...you said your made them. Nice job...one of my favorite pens for slimlines. Don't think the idea was original with Russ...but maybe so. They look like Kevin-lines to me.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Don,
Russ wrote a how to pen turn article a long time ago that many of us newbiew got started with. In the article one of the pen he gives instructions for he calls the Russline. The name has kind of stuck with alot of us.

its_virgil

I understand completley. I make that pen a lot with my own little changes. I too got the directions from Russ' website
and have thanked him numerous times for the tutorial, but I don't call them russ-lines. Have you ever seen the KC twist sold by CSUSA? Should they call it the russ-line or should Russ call it the the
KC-russ-line. I still think the Kevin-line sounds good since Kevin made them.

BTW, someone ask about bushings. I found a bushing that I use for mine that has nice proportions for the bottom and top diameters. I countersink the clip and finial and reem out the bottom of the top half so the top of the bottom half fits inside it about 1/8". I also make the bottom half the same length as the euro. It is no longer a russline. Guess it has been chopped, stretched, channeled,...

Do a good turn daily!
Don

iginally posted by vick[/i]
<br />
Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />Why not call them Ke in-lines, unless Russ turned them..and I don't think he did...you said your made them. Nice job...one of my favorite pens for slimlines. Don't think the idea was original with Russ...but maybe so. They look like Kevin-lines to me.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Don,
Russ wrote a how to pen turn article a long time ago that many of us newbiew got started with. In the article one of the pen he gives instructions for he calls the Russline. The name has kind of stuck with alot of us.

[/quote].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom