3 recent pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from studioso

studioso

hi!
I get so little time in the shop, This year I've done maybe 4 pens only.
And when I got 20 spare minutes I sometimes make the mistake to try to squeeze a pen in... well, at least there is the pleasure of turning wood...
here they come:
_MG_7190.jpg

gold sedona fountain pen with amboyna burl. I think this is one of my favorite woods and kits.

Although as I started using them I noticed that the cap untwists quite easily. and I mean unintentionally. do you agree? is it different when purchased from different suppliers?

this can be a big problem, particularly with a fountain pen!

exhibit 2:

_MG_7149.jpg

amboyna burl on a sedona again, this however is on a chrome, or maybe silver: I didn't think of making a note of what I was using!
I however have an easy way to find out what it is, ll I need is an oxygen torch...

as a side note, I'm making a cameo appearance in this image. and you perhaps can figure out my photo set up from the pic.

photo 3:
_MG_7201.jpg

this is the pen I squeezed in the 20 minutes: the acrylic is really gorgeous, the pearlescence is really nice, and I think you can kind of see it on the lower side of the pen. of course, when you hold it in your hand it looks always better.

you might notice some weird spacing issues going on around the center band. this is actually a Japanese technique i was trying out, called Ekatsim. just backwards. figure it out.

thanks for watching!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

Great finish on them. From the photo the gold Sedona looks like its not fully pressed together an the nib end.

renowb

I've used that Japanese technique before too, ekatsim. Nice pens!

65GTMustang

Very nice pens,
I wish my pictures would turn out as nice.

I will be the first to tell you that just because you buy a $2000 camera - It does not automatically make great photo's...LOL
My neighbor was a Prof Photographer - when he gave it up I bought about a $3000 pack of top lenses and a Nikon D70 (7 years ago this was a top end Nikon)
Even If I enjoyed reading – I can't figure out the directions to save my life.
I just start randomly making adjustments – Then when it is really messed up, I call him to come over and fix it. J
BTW – I just got a new Light Tent and need my camera adjusted!
Gotta make a call!
Those are super nice pens
I really like the fountain pens – Those types / varieties of wood is the best!
Amboyna Burl is probably my favorite.

studioso

Thank you all for the comments.

7 years ago my mother-in-law bought us a gift certificate to an expensive portrait studio ina mall, for our newborn daughter. I thought that 100$ for pictures was crazy, but kept a smile and followed my wife ( story of my life)

Long story short, my wife loved the experience, asked me to help her learned photography, now half our home is a studio, she is the best children portrait photographer around, plus she does thousands of school shoots.
I only help her on my free time, although her 3 hours of work a day brings in more than my 9 to 7!

I don't know that my set up is the best, but I'll post it as soon as I get a chance to document it.

Top Bottom