3 'OU' pens and others

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jon-wx5nco

Jon-wx5nco

I had a custom order for some OU Sooner pens. I told the customers that I could do the colors, but I won't put a logo on them. The pens are Gold Baron's. The crimson caps come from the Crushed Crimson blanks @ WoodPenPro. The white bodies are a Snow White polyresin from ExoticBlanks. For the life of me, I can not get a good photo. I tried all the settings on my camera. This is the best that I could come up with
OUPens.jpg

I also made some cigar pens for a show I'm doing this weekend. A couple of these are repeats. The cedar pen has a CA finish. The mahogany pen has a HUT's Crystal Coat finish along with a few coats of Ren Wax
Cigar-Baron.jpg

Any and all comments and suggestions are more than welcome. That is how we improve our pens!
Thanks
Jon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jon-wx5nco

Nice job- I don't know the team or their colors, but the pens look cool! And the ones below are also very nicely done!
Sorry, I thought we were all Oklahoma University Sooner fans here :tongue:

Their colors are crimson and cream. Thats as close to a 'cream' that I could get to without going pure white.

OKLAHOMAN

Nice job- I don't know the team or their colors, but the pens look cool! And the ones below are also very nicely done!
I'm Just a little confused with your Pistol Pete Avatar:wink:

Their colors are crimson and cream. Thats as close to a 'cream' that I could get to without going pure white.

A good cream to use would be Alternate Bone fron Exotics
All pens were well done!

Jon-wx5nco

I'm Just a little confused with your Pistol Pete Avatar:wink:

A good cream to use would be Alternate Bone fron Exotics
All pens were well done!

Occasionally Pete has to come out and stir the pot :devil:

ctubbs

The pens are very well done. The photo of the red and white are going to be a problem on that black background. The contrast will over expose the white or cream to the point of no detail showing. If your camera has the, oh heck I for get the name for it. My camera takes three exposures of the subject where there is a wide difference in lighting and then pieces them together to get a good over all exposure. If your camera has that, use it. If not, there was a post last week or early this week about software that does the same thing. That will help with the wide exposure value necessary to correctly expose this type of shot.
Charles

Jon-wx5nco

The pens are very well done. The photo of the red and white are going to be a problem on that black background. The contrast will over expose the white or cream to the point of no detail showing. If your camera has the, oh heck I for get the name for it. My camera takes three exposures of the subject where there is a wide difference in lighting and then pieces them together to get a good over all exposure. If your camera has that, use it. If not, there was a post last week or early this week about software that does the same thing. That will help with the wide exposure value necessary to correctly expose this type of shot.
Charles
My photography needs a TON of improvement. I hope to gather the parts and build a proper photo tent over the Christmas break. The best I can do now is use what background I have (I used the back of the pen case for that shot). I also need to get a tripod. My hands are so shaky that I have to take 10 or more shots to get a "decent" one. I never thought about the black causing me all that grief when I was trying to take that picture :rolleyes:

Top Bottom