3 Metal Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

This is after Eagle idea from is wire pen he made a while back, I ask him if it's possible to cast in PR rather using a plexi blank, he told me that I have to try, so I did and here the result I use brass, copper and aluminium, sorry by the photo would try to do the photo tent 1 of this day . Comment welcome.

2007128112646_3metal%20cigar1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fritz

Great job Christian. Almost has a "prickley pear cactus" look about it.
Lots of possibilities. Very nice!

John

Fritz

Whoops...Great job Serge. Almost has a "prickley pear cactus" look about it.

John

Sorry I got your name wrong on my first post Serge...

angboy

So is the stuff the pen is sitting on the stuff that was cast and the pen is made out of? What exactly is it? Where do you get it? I love the way it came out! [:p][:p]

Darley

Originally posted by angboy
<br />So is the stuff the pen is sitting on the stuff that was cast and the pen is made out of? What exactly is it? Where do you get it? I love the way it came out! [:p][:p]

Angela yes this is steel wool and cast in PPR ( Pressurized PR ) I pressurized at 45 PSI to make sure no bubbles still trap in the wire mesh, this is a trial so the top tube as been paint in white as well the inside of the blank before turning I didn't paint the bottom blank, just to see the difference of the barrels when finished, I find those at the main factory here " JEX Limited " those steel wool grade is '0 ' same product we use for sanding when using steel wool '0000'these steel wool is used in aviation for air filter I think that what the person say to me

Whoops...Great job Serge. Almost has a "prickley pear cactus" look about it.

John

Sorry I got your name wrong on my first post Serge...

No worries John, every one make mistake[;)]

Darley

Originally posted by johnnycnc
<br />Neat idea,very different.
How did it turn?any difficulties?
I like it![:D]

No difficulty John but you know the rule sharp tool and light cuts, when drilling the PR is a bit powdery because of the mix steel and PR, other than to seal the blank after drilling with CA the rest of the turning is the same, What I like in the PR is that every blank is different, I mean hardness way, and you have to adjust your cutting skill acrondingly, you may try with allumite if you're in hurry but I think you become to be use of the product and turn the same way all the time with out worries of beaking, anyway this is personal choice and I like to give myself some hard time [:D]

Johncrane I would have to check this one I buy mine from a craft shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom