3 Gift Sets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Justturnin

Justturnin

Here are 3 Gift sets I made for some good friends, they are various pens and PSI Stylus. I tried the CSUSA Stylus but every time I pressed the trim ring it lifted my finish. I will save them to add to some 7mm pens in the future. C&C welcome, it's how I grow.

1st is an Aero from CSUSA. I think I like this kit for my future casting endevors because the wood is left really thick. Both are drapped in Jack Daniels Blanks from Jimm1
IMG_1802.jpg

Next is a Princeton from WC dressed in Stabilized Black Ash Burl from Cory at upnorthburls.com
IMG_1803.jpg

Last is a Jr Gent I from Smitty dressed in Desert Iron Wood from Shadetree_1
IMG_1804.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

I think I know which stylus tips you're referring to. What I do with those is use an old acrylic cutoff drilled out at 7 mm. I just use a plastic faced hammer and the acrylic to tap it in slowly and get that ring seated without destroying anything else.

renowb

Those are all nice Chris! How is the Princeton kit? I have been thinking about trying one. Nice job on the sets!

Justturnin

I think I know which stylus tips you're referring to. What I do with those is use an old acrylic cutoff drilled out at 7 mm. I just use a plastic faced hammer and the acrylic to tap it in slowly and get that ring seated without destroying anything else.

I bought the press bushing to press it on and went slow and squared up the end prior to pressing but for some reason it kept lifting the finish. I tried to let the finish cure for a week before pressing. Same thing. It happened on some Teak Burl and DIW Burl.

Justturnin

Those are all nice Chris! How is the Princeton kit? I have been thinking about trying one. Nice job on the sets!

I really like it. It does have some extra parts and when I opened it I walked straight in the house and downloaded the instructions. But the action is smooth, And now that I have the bushings I will be adding it to my Pen Arsenal.

Justturnin

Thanks everyone. I have 3 more orders for some sets from non paying folks but that brings a lot of the fun back when they are gifts to friends and family and not being made to sell.

Top Bottom