3 for the FPP... plus one

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dubdrvrkev

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

Thanks to Tom and Robert for the Corian. I got a few done ahead of time and have a few more ready to go. These are my first non-wood pens, the corian ribbons are stuck to everything around my lathe.
I know they aren't the red, white, and blue that you normally see for FPP, but then I'm not really normal. :D

200611144534_FPP-1.jpg

Comments welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

They look good Kevin. You should see the dusting in my garage from cutting all the corian to blanks. Wait till you turn some of the avonite.

vick

Very nice! I especially like the middle and bottom material. All the pens look good though. What are your opinions of turning corian?

dubdrvrkev

Thanks everyone.

Charles, I didn't even sharpen between pens. Not bad to turn.

Mike, Corian isn't bad to turn except, with our weather the static is pretty bad and the shavings are stuck to everything. I learned that knocking the corners off on the belt sander helps alot in getting things started. Once it is round, it comes off in long ribbons.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Kevin, Nice work. The pens I sent to my wife's unit were Corian, and I would hope they would hold up perhaps better than wood in the adverse conditions overseas.

dubdrvrkev

Added this one to the set. Tried a little different shape at the top barrel so the clip doesn't have such a big gap and added a few beads at the nib end.

200611244434_FPP_corian-4.jpg

Comments welcome.

Yes this is the same stuff from the countertops.

airrat

OK OK OK Kevin your really going to put me to shame. I have not even prepped one blank for this weekend. That blue one at the end is my favorite to turn. I have sold 5 made of it.

If you do one of the black ones. Make sure to paint the tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom