3 Executives

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TwoCatsPens

TwoCatsPens

Here are 3 executives I did this afternoon, the woods are Maple and Poa Ferra. First ones I've done with this kit, like the kit, not sure I'm crazy about the Satin finish hardware that the Poa Ferra has, but I'm willing to bet that someone out there loves it. I might grow on me.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0432_533x800.jpg
    IMG_0432_533x800.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 237

OZturner

Nice Pens Steve,
I also have reservations on the Satin Finish, though I have seen some that I liked a lot.
I think it is very dependent on the Blank, and the Finish that you use on the Pen.
I can't get my mind around, just what works and what doesn't. It seems variable.
Some Blanks with a high finish work, others don't, similarly, some blanks with a dull finish work, yet others don't.
I guess it is as you said someone will love it. It's a matter of Taste.
Regards,
Brian.

Brian G

That's a nice set. I like the rich color of the Poa Ferra, which I think would look great with the gun metal plating.

For the satin finish, perhaps consider colors or tones complemetary to grey, like pinks or purples. A soft, purple acrylic might look fantastic.

TwoCatsPens

That's a nice set. I like the rich color of the Poa Ferra, which I think would look great with the gun metal plating.

For the satin finish, perhaps consider colors or tones complemetary to grey, like pinks or purples. A soft, purple acrylic might look fantastic.

I've got a second piece of the Poa Ferra, even better color and grain. I might do that up with a gun metal or black ti (which goes with almost everything).

Maybe I'll do that stupid polystone (think that's what it is) blank I have that's a pink / purple mottled pattern. Stuff is harder than a rock, and turns about the same way. It doesn't peel or come off in pieces, just a very fine talcum like powder.

I actually got somebody expressing an interest in the satin / poa ferra one. You never know, but yea, it's not one I'd probably add to my collection.

Steve

Top Bottom