3 cracks and youre out!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JayDevin

JayDevin

This Honduran rosewood pen was cursed from the start.
While turning it, KaBoom!!! and 2 huge chunks flew off,
I thought I had them all and found I was missing 2 chunkettes.
pondered for hours, opting to just glue what was there and leave the holes as a reminder. so while putting the cap together I hear this massive crack noise and now the lid has 2 more! so I am not sure what will happen to this pen, but is sure is pretty!
DSC09946.jpg
DSC09947.jpg

DSC09948.jpg
comments welcomed!****update 20jun...the cap is history. it did its final KaBoom this morning. Look for new FrankenRosewood Soon! I got a New Head for him!***

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wolfdancer

Banned
Jay that is one of the nicest pens I have seen. If that was one of my pieces that you got from me please let meknow and I will replace it. That burl was really old and dry it must have been a stress relief. ANyway great Pen you did a super job. I really like the finish.:):)

JayDevin

Noland and Rod,

thanks for your offer for a refund. Rod, I did not buy it from you. Nolan it was not your fault.

I have a couple more blanks ans will start anew!

Thanks for your kind offers! Maybe it will go into the raffle pile

Nolan

Originally posted by JayDevin

Nolan it was not your fault.

Heck I knew that, I was just trying to get the pen for the price of the blank LOL :D Very nice pen anyways. All kidding aside when you coming over???

gwilki

That's a gorgeous pen, Jay. How come these things never happen when we are practising on pine? I have some of Nolans burls, too. So far, touch wood, I've not had a problem with any of them. I did crack an acrylic once while pressing in the centre band. When I took it apart, I found some glue in the tube. I think that was enough to cause the brass to expand when I pressed in the band and that, in turn, cracked the acrylic. FWIW.

Top Bottom