3 Cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from flippedcracker

This is an order I had from a distant cousin. The only parameters were "manly pens for huge body builder men". I hope I embodied that at least a little because I'm not a huge body builder man, so I don't know what they like.

I have no idea what the wood on the left is. It was a freebie when I ordered something else, but I don't even know sent it because I got 4 boxes of blanks the same day. It smelled awful, but turned out beautiful. I had a problem finishing it because certain spots didn't like to soak up CA, but I got it after a few tries.

Middle is bocote, and the right is applejack dymondwood. They will be shipping off to Tennessee tomorrow.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmoncur

Those are nice! I normally don't like the bulging profile where the blanks are wider than the center band, but you did it just enough here to give a "body builder" impression without looking bad. Awesome.

OOPS

The applejack dymondwood really caught my eye. When dymondwood is used for most pens, they seem to be too thin to really get an interesting "grain" look to them, and look more like a multi-colored mess. By putting it on a cigar pen, you really have an eye-catching piece. Bocote is a personal favorite of mine too. Thanks for posting them.

Finally got around to processing better pictures of them.

1-IMG_6499.jpg

3-IMG_6504.jpg

2-IMG_6501.jpg

Top Bottom