3 Baron11's with my own Polymer Clay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

These Polymer Clay Blanks are of my own design. Finally after lots of experiments I think that I'm finally on the right track.:wink:

After baking the polymer clay the tubes were sealed with CA (8 coats) then sanded to 2400 grit and finally buffed.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy.
As usual C & C welcome.

Bob.:)

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 351
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 256
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 210
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Absolutely Outstanding, Bob.
You are a man of many hidden talents.
Your Blanks are Fantastic, the multi colours on the Petals, the Precision and Consistenty of the Flowers is Beautiful.
As I expected your Fit and Finish, leaves nothing to be desired.
I am blown away "You Old Fox", How long have you been trialing and practicing?
Are you intending to sell some Poly Clay Blanks?
Congratulations,
Brian.

Bob Wemm

Absolutely Outstanding, Bob.
You are a man of many hidden talents.
Your Blanks are Fantastic, the multi colours on the Petals, the Precision and Consistenty of the Flowers is Beautiful.
As I expected your Fit and Finish, leaves nothing to be desired.
I am blown away "You Old Fox", How long have you been trialing and practicing?
Are you intending to sell some Poly Clay Blanks?
Congratulations,
Brian.

Hi Brian,
I made my first Polymer Clay blanks about 12 months ago, and have been playing with the medium on and off since.
I do have another lot of a different design that need to be sealed and finished, They are not too far away.
Am I going to sell?, that depends on the interest.
Cheers,

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
WOW! Beautiful job Bob.

I can just see you cutting those little canes, rolling the flower petals...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well done!

MikeL

I don't know the trials and tribulations it takes to get to this point but it certainly looks like it was worth it. Very nice.

southernclay

Pretty things for a manly man!! :laugh: In all honesty those are beautiful, you did an awesome job all around. I know this isn't the forum for you to discuss sales but you won't have any problem selling them if you decide to go that route

BSea

Those are really cool. :cool: The blue is my favorite.

I've been thinking of trying PC, just hate to get started down a new path. The cost of casting kinda snowballed. Similar to anything else associated with this hobby, and I'm running out of space to store stuff too.:rolleyes:

robutacion

Yes, who would say that my good friend, turning big chunks of wood would get so involved with pen turning and blanks making...???:wink::biggrin:

Your artistic side shows well with the making of these blanks, they are getting better every new batch so, I wonder what comes next...!:)

Either way, you are doing great work, and everyone seems to agree...!

Cheers
George

Bob Wemm

Thanks for the feedback Guys, I do have to admit that a lovely lady showed me the process to make the petal canes, and she also showed the process for the next lot that I will post in the near future.
They are a lot of fun, worst part is they cannot be machined, so have to be pretty close to finished size. Obviously under is better than oversized, the CA finish can overcome under size without a problem.
Cheers and thanks again,
Bob.

lorbay

Thanks for the feedback Guys, I do have to admit that a lovely lady showed me the process to make the petal canes, and she also showed the process for the next lot that I will post in the near future.
They are a lot of fun, worst part is they cannot be machined, so have to be pretty close to finished size. Obviously under is better than oversized, the CA finish can overcome under size without a problem.
Cheers and thanks again,
Bob.

That loverly lady's name wouldn't have started with T would it.

Lin

Marko50

Amazing

WOW! Those are eye popping Bob! Great job and congrats on adding another highly sought after skill to your repertoire. That is definitely marketable:)!!

Bob Wemm

Cheers and thanks again,
Bob.

That loverly lady's name wouldn't have started with T would it.

Lin

Hi Lin,

No Mate, her name starts with a "D", but she knows the "T" Lady.

Bob.:biggrin:

lwalper

... They are a lot of fun, worst part is they cannot be machined, so have to be pretty close to finished size.
Bob.
Since I've never messed with this medium and am just blowing through my hat, take this comment for what it's worth ... I thought that after this polymer clay was baked, and maybe stabilized with some thin CA, it could be turned.

BTW, those are fantastic pens.

Last edited:

lteton

The pens look great. I would like to learn to do this. After you make the canes how do you keep them from distorting as they are rolled?

Bob Wemm

... They are a lot of fun, worst part is they cannot be machined, so have to be pretty close to finished size.
Bob.
Since I've never messed with this medium and am just blowing through my hat, take this comment for what it's worth ... I thought that after this polymer clay was baked, and maybe stabilized with some thin CA, it could be turned.

BTW, those are fantastic pens.

Yes, they can be turned, but it depends on what sort of patterns you are using.
These blanks have a paper thin petal applied, so if it were to be turned then the petals would disappear. If the pattern is thick enough, then they can be turned.
Hope this helps.:)
Bob.

Bob Wemm

The pens look great. I would like to learn to do this. After you make the canes how do you keep them from distorting as they are rolled?

Not sure what you mean??
In these blanks a thin "skin" is applied to the tube and then paper thin slices are cut from the "petal cane" and applied to the skin to create the design. And then very gently rolled. If the slices are too thick then there is a lot of distortion when rolled.
If you mean "reducing" the size of the cane, that is done carefully, I roll mine or sometimes just gently squeeze, that is usually enough the stretch out the cane. Don't pull it.
Unless the cane is allowed to settle (a couple of hours) it will distort a little when the slice is made, this is because the canes are quite soft when first made.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom