3 Atlas/Patriot/Carbara pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Al_T

Al_T

These are really my first 3 pens. The one on the left was done for my wife. It is just an pomegranate silver swirl acrylic blank. The middle one is a piece of camphor burl and is for myself and the one on the right is a piece of gaboone ebony that I did it as a gift for my mother-in-law. The camphor and the ebony are finished in BLO and CA sanded to 2000 and polished out with Novus plastic polish. This was my first attempt at a BLO/CA finish and I think I got it figured out. The acrylic was just wet sanded to 2000 and the polished out with the Novus. The ebony is so black that most people that see it swear it is acrylic. I like this kit real well. They are well made and make a very elegant pen. The ebony one to me is very understated but nice. Sorry for the rather poor photo. This is my cheap work camera. My better camera is with my wife and child on a vacation.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Alan

Attachments

• IMG_4668.jpg
    IMG_4668.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 172

splinter99

For your first three pens I would have to say those are fantastic.

To start out with ebony, a burl and an acrylic takes alot of courage. You did a great job and I look foward to seeeing more of your pens

Top Bottom