2nd of Two - First Segmented with Metal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

This is a Hart Double Twist. It is the first time I have been sucessful using metal (brass) in the segmenting. Wood is Koa and the acrylic is fir green from Bear Tooth. I did not paint the tube to allow the brass tube to show thru and complement the brass in the pen. I think it works.

Finish is CA, MM12000 and Ultragloss.

Comment, suggestions and criticisms are all welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_5865-web.jpg
    IMG_5865-web.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 360
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Gary, I really like it!! I second Max about the plating and the brass. Where did you get the brass of that thickness from ? Great job! Regards, Doc

airrat

Good looking pen. I forgot to paint some tubes awhile back and it gave the blanks that look and then when I wanted that look I couldn't get it again.

Doc here is a site I ordered from a couple years ago. I don't know if they still do all the same as what I ordered. http://www.whimsie.com/index.html hope that helps

G1Pens

Gary, I really like it!! I second Max about the plating and the brass. Where did you get the brass of that thickness from ? Great job! Regards, Doc

Most any local hobby shop should have brass and aluminum in sheets of varying thicknesses....as well as white and sometimes black plastic.

IPD_Mr

Gary that is another great pen. You sure have come a long way in a short time. Sure wish I had your learning curve.

G1Pens

Gary that is another great pen. You sure have come a long way in a short time. Sure wish I had your learning curve.

Anything I know or have learned I have learned here. I have a long way to go. But I beleive you have to try or you never advance. Sometimes you have to try again and again and again. The one thing this site has taught me above all else is not to give up. Everyone has bad days with pens. Its a continual leanring process.

Thanks for the compliments.

Top Bottom