2nd place...1st loser Blue Ice FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Someone suggested we post our entries for the Exotic Blanks Advanced Beautiful pen contest, here. And tell something about it. I will tell a little about this pen here, but I will remind everyone, that it is all in the library.

The cap and body are cebloplast Blue Ice (I believe is what it's called). The section is made from Pitch Black Lucite, and houses a Heritance #5 semi-flex nib. The finial is made from brass, which has been Rhodium plated, by W.F.Scott plating. The center band and, blind cap band are aluminum. It has a push bulb filler. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1410.JPG
    IMG_1410.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_1409.jpg
    IMG_1409.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_1408.JPG
    IMG_1408.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1405.jpg
    IMG_1405.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 307
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

Chuck - That is really a beautiful pen with very classic good looks. I was sweating it out waiting for the results to be revealed. I'm going to have to be really stepping up my game next year.

Ed

yaroslaw

I think this pen is perfect combination of material, design and craftsmanship, which in total makes this a work of art.

PS more then 3 photos are definitely showing much better some design decisions, thanks!!!

Chuck, not only did I enter the same contest, but as soon as your pen was posted (ask Brooks he will confirm) I stated we were all looking at 2nd place. Your pen also cost me money..as once again as soon as it was posted..click click click I had ordered cebloplast Blue Ice. You sir have been added to the short list of people I want to be when I grow up!!!

bluwolf

I knew this was your pen, it had you written all over it. It's a beauty Chuck, you should be proud.

Mike

jttheclockman

Job well done. The material choice was spot on. It screams class. Thanks for showing and thanks for entering. I think all entries were well done and worthy of prizes.

I am with Ed here about having to really step up my game in the Bash next year. I was amazed at the entries and the talent that was on display. Wow. That is a very beautiful pen Chuck

Triple Crown

This is a stunningly beautiful pen! Loved it in the contest. Thank you very much for posting more pictures of it and telling us about it. Beautiful!! Just beautiful!!

Greg

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
WOW, that is a winner in my eye. Very, very nice work and a beautiful looking pen.

Ray
Thank you Ray.

Beautiful craftsmanship Chuck !! It's a winner in my eyes, Jim S
Thank you Jim

Still a beauty.
Thanks Bruce!

Great looking pen and good job -- question is that a 14 mm or 12 mm thread.

Don Vann
Thank you Don, it is 12mm

Great looking pen Chuck! I remember seeing it! Great job!
Thanks Dale & Jen

Incredible writing instrument you made there, Super respect! Love the clip wave!
Thanks Justin

Gorgeous! Russ
Thanks Russ

Chuck - That is really a beautiful pen with very classic good looks. I was sweating it out waiting for the results to be revealed. I'm going to have to be really stepping up my game next year.

Ed
Thank you Ed, I was feeling warm myself. Glad it's over, but I will be more prepared next time.:tongue::biggrin:

Chuck that is a great pen, no need to take a back seat to anyone. You did good.
Thank you Mike. I appreciate your encouragement, and kind remarks.

I think this pen is perfect combination of material, design and craftsmanship, which in total makes this a work of art.

PS more then 3 photos are definitely showing much better some design decisions, thanks!!!
Thank you Yaroslaw. I expect to see the same from you soon.:biggrin:

Fantastic Pen.
Regards,
John
Thanks John.

Chuck, not only did I enter the same contest, but as soon as your pen was posted (ask Brooks he will confirm) I stated we were all looking at 2nd place. Your pen also cost me money..as once again as soon as it was posted..click click click I had ordered cebloplast Blue Ice. You sir have been added to the short list of people I want to be when I grow up!!!
If you hang out with Brooks, I AM in trouble. I'm sure you both have big plans for the next round. Can't believe you guys didn't get me this time. Thanks for the comments.

That really is a beauty Chuck. Such classical lines and a perfect match of materials.
Glad to have your approval!:biggrin:

I knew this was your pen, it had you written all over it. It's a beauty Chuck, you should be proud.

Mike
Thank you Mike! I do have a certain something about my way of making a pen, I guess. But then, you've seen almost every one of them.:biggrin:

Job well done. The material choice was spot on. It screams class. Thanks for showing and thanks for entering. I think all entries were well done and worthy of prizes.
Thank you JT

That's a stunning pen!!!
Thanks for your kind remark!

Steve

I am with Ed here about having to really step up my game in the Bash next year. I was amazed at the entries and the talent that was on display. Wow. That is a very beautiful pen Chuck

I voted for you

This is a stunningly beautiful pen! Loved it in the contest. Thank you very much for posting more pictures of it and telling us about it. Beautiful!! Just beautiful!!

Greg

Top Bottom