2nd Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Aces-High

Dehn0045

Very nice slim you got there Jason, great work. Calipers can be helpful when you don't have just the right bushings, I'd recommend getting a set as they have been helpful for various things with my penturning.

Very good for your second pen, slims are harder than many (most) other kits I've made. I agree with getting a caliper. A good digital vernier will allow you to get far more accurate than the bushings. Thanks to the advice from experienced members, I've started turning it close to the bushings on a mandrel then finishing between centers without bushings, stopping frequently to measure with the caliper. My accuracy soared when I made the switch, and I never had the out of round issues that I sometimes got using a mandrel. It takes a little longer, but the results can't be beat.

OZturner

Nice Pen Jason.
Nice profile, though as you mentioned, some of the Diameters, at the Transitions, are a little "Off".
Bushes will be a Great Help, as will a pair of Vernier Calipers.
Please keep this Pen, and use it as a Gauge, and Measure Just as to how much you have Progressed, over the Coming Weeks, Months and Years.
I look forward to seeing your Future Pens.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom