2nd Moss Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Stevej72

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevej72

Here is the second attempt at a moss pen, this time with tubes painted white and a black titanium kit. Not quite enought moss in it. I had cast two blanks and was going to use pale yellow on the second, but blew the end of the blank out while drilling. I'm not sure if it is the camera or my technique but the picture isn't very good.

200727174227_DCP_5335.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

Cool pen Steve. Maybe one of these days I'll consider casting. For now, I'll admire work like yours.

Travis,

This past weekend, I picked up a bunch of Spanish Moss from a downed tree that
the passing tornado took down.

Here's a pic:

moss.jpg

How much you want? [mailing costs only]

- G -

Stevej72

Gerry, I put 4 or 5 coats of CA over the top, hopefully to seal in the moss. The package that it comes in says that it is treated (I don't know how) and will remain soft unless the air turns extremely dry. Even though it is soft it doesn't seem overly moist.

Darley

Originally posted by Stevej72
<br />Here is the second attempt at a moss pen, this time with tubes painted white and a black titanium kit. Not quite enought moss in it. I had cast two blanks and was going to use pale yellow on the second, but blew the end of the blank out while drilling. I'm not sure if it is the camera or my technique but the picture isn't very good.

compress moss while pouring PR and pressurized the blank to prevent tiny bubbles trap in te moss, 40 PSI do, hope this help

edit: Sorry nice pen BTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom