2nd kitless - mini pocket FPN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yaroslaw

yaroslaw

Since I saw "Black Little Number" and done some research on this pen style, I knew what my first kitless would look like. First was a bit too long in "working position", so making second one I wrote down some algebraic equations:)

As I have no special taps and other stuff, I rob El Grande kit for section.
The only tools I got where M12x0.75 tap and die and M10x1 tap (I bought die also, but haven't used it).

Special challenge - my spindle in head stock has runout around 0.5mm and going worse further from headstock. Ouch! It's more then final thickness of body! So I have to invent special technics to turn pen parts true.

DSC_7353.jpg

DSC_7362.jpg

DSC_7366.jpg

DSC7370.jpg

Body - ebonite, cap - PR freebie from Exotics (underpainted black!), El grande section.
Body should be PR too from same blank (it was just right length) but... oops AFTER I've already had all threads and most work done:\ And oops was actually lack of work planning - I just understood that I have no way to hold body while finishing, tried bad way, failed.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.
Thanks Curly for inspiration!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

If you are going to steal designs steal from the best! :)

The pen looks good to me and I will have another look at it on the big screen when I get home. Sometimes the cell is just too small.

Top Bottom