2nd attempt at cut shell casing pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stevers

stevers

Hi All,
Here is attempt number two. Still not quite there. I undercut the upper end at the finial and clip.
What do you think of the CB. Is it too much. I like the black stripe on the CB, goes good with the rest.
Opinions?

Attachments

• 2nd cut shell casing 600.JPG
    2nd cut shell casing 600.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 267
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Yep, I like that better. I also think I like it better than the just plane brass centerband. Nice job. It looks just a tad bit short, the clip looks like it is almost to the cb.

Last edited:

stevers

Yep, I like that better. I also think I like it better than the just plane brass centerband also. Nice job. It looks just a tad bit short, the clip looks like it is almost to the cb.

That's one thing I'm going to think more about next time. I just cut the shell casing without really thinking about the balance between the top and bottom sections. Next time I'll be more conscious of the relationship between the two sections.
The reason the clip is close to the CB is because I used a Euro CB and a slim brass tube, so the tube is a bit short. The Euro upper tube is a hair longer than the slim tubes.

And thanks Steve. It is a cleaner look isn't it? I'll probably try something even diff yet when I do another.

Daniel

I like it, it is a sleek overall looking pen. Very nice combination of materials ending with an elegant effect.

Top Bottom