2K5 first pen...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from penhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
After turning a few bowls and other odds/ends for people..it was a pleasure to make a pen...JR Gent in mun ebony..

Thanks for looking,
JohnPayton

20051435843_jrgentmuneb.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
That's my favorite shape for my favorite pen. Very nice job. And it's good to see what this stuff looks like for when I turn it.

Randy_

John:

I'm puzzled?? The picture in the CS-USA catalog of the end of the Gent Jr. pen that allows posting of the cap appears to be black plastic while your picture seems to show a gold plated material. Optical illusion or has the kit changed???

Also, in your picture, the threaded end piece also looks longer than the one in the catalog??? Thanks.

Randy

G

Nice looking pen,both craftsamnship and kit.
I have made roller balls in antler and woods,but haven't found the right market for them.
Most of the people I show them to are concrned about "losing" the cap after remioving it.
Even in my own case,the second piece would be a hassle compared to a twist or click.
I still like the design though.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
The kits are several months old (oct i think)...starting to clean out the storage bins for the new year had a few of these left..the kits were ordered from one of our online suppliers when they had a special on platinum gent jr...the part numbers off the little plastic pen parts is 050-4456 for the pen and the end cap is 050-4458...not sure what they are in the catalog. From the tip of the end cap to the start of the threads is .5"

Thats pretty much why I have several of these kits left is that a lot of people (at least current customers) seem to think the pens look "unfinished" with the threads showing...but somewhere out there is a person who will love it [:)]

JohnPayton

Fred in NC

The pen looks very nice, John! Nice wood, and nice finish too.

I understand about the threads, but as you say, some people like them so they can post the cap. It greatly depends on the market, in my opinion. Some people never used a two-piece pen in their lives, whether fountain or rollerball, and will only buy ballpoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom