280 Tru-Shell™ Tx Tru-Quarter™ pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

This past thursday night on my way home from work, a co-worker of mine called to tell me his best friends Grandpa just passed away and that he needed a pen made by sunday evening so that he could present it to his friends grandmother. So I'm thinking no sweat, til he says he wants one of my Tru-shell pens with a Texas tru quarter upper barrel and a picture of the friends grandpa with his D.O.B. & D.O.D. Well, here is what I made, I replaced the rifle clip with a modified euro/designer clip. Somehow i managed to pull it off in such short notice. Anyway, here is the end result and I think it will be very meaningful. Any comments, critiques, criticisms welcome!

2012-01-22 18.50.28-1.jpgsorry about the cellphone pics, that is dust on the barrel, not on the label

2012-01-22 18.50.51-1.jpg

2012-01-22 19.40.00-1.jpg

2012-01-22 19.40.40-2.jpg

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

wizard

Beautiful!!

Seamus, Amazing! That is a gorgeous pen!!! Will definitely be a treasured heirloom! Really like the way you organized the blank so everything came together perfectly. Regards, Doc:)

Last edited:

seamus7227

thanks to all! I got word that this pen is gonna be used at the funeral home for the guestbook. Then the Widow is supposedly gonna put the pen in a display case that is built into her coffee table. As many of you may know, i dont typically rush any of my work, seems like when i do, thats usually when i mess up and end up costing myself more time. So needless to say i was a bit concerned of the possibility of failure. I lucked out and had a quarter already cut out, so that saved me some time, but the label was the doozy. I worried that i hadnt given the ink enough time to dry. But in the end, all was a success. Also, i noticed that the bullet looks like it sits out farther than it should in the picture, but it doesnt look like that in person, kinda strange.

Top Bottom