270 Bullet pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Laurenr

Laurenr

This one was a challenge. A friend of mine asked me to make a pen using the 270 casing, the bullet from which he shot a record elk. The problems were many, including the fact that is was a 270 magnum, and therefore didn't fit any of our available "kits." So what you have here is a bullet from a bullet-pen kit, which by the way did not fit, the 270X casing, and the cap end of a cigar pen. The cap end was done in elk antler, which as some of you know was it's own adventure.

It was fun and challenging, but mostly it is DONE!!

Lauren

Attachments

• AndysBullet1.jpg
    AndysBullet1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 229
  • AndysBullet2.jpg
    AndysBullet2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 196
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

did you use the guts from the replica pen kit or the cigar kit? I really like the way you tied that all together! Excellent execution!

PaulDoug

That is nice. I just finished three using 270 Winchester casings and bullets with the lead melted out. First time I have melted to lead out. Makes it a lot easier. I used slimline parts. They were not magnum casing.

Jgrden

Reminds me of the bullet a diabolical character on Smallville made to kill Superman by engraving Clark Kent on the casing. When I saw this I immediately thought it should be engraved, but not with my name on it.:eek:

Top Bottom