25 Speices Sierra Puzzle Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ken Wines

Ken Wines

25 species - 25 piece Sierra puzzle pen. The woods are maple, cherry, walnut, osage orange, spanish cedar, redheart, aromatic red cedar, teak, mango, sapelle, mahogany, padauk, pink rosewood, bocote, cocobolo, purpleheart, yellowheart, black palm, chechen, sycamore, Brazilian walnut (IPE), zebrawood, macawood, elm and east Indian rosewood. The fourth photo shows a matrix of the 25 source blanks that were used to make this pen. The pieces were removed diagonally to allow for the mix in the species. There were 25 mixed species blanks when all was said and done.

Attachments

• IMG_4084.JPG
    IMG_4084.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_4085.JPG
    IMG_4085.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_4086.JPG
    IMG_4086.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_4071.JPG
    IMG_4071.JPG
    597.7 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Fantastic, Ken !!! . I am glad you thought of doing this !!

Dashing to Signature now to buy !! . Hope they are listed.

Oh oh .... not listed yet .....

Last edited:

Ken Wines

Fantastic, Ken !!! . I am glad you thought of doing this !!

Dashing to Signature now to buy !! . Hope they are listed.

Oh oh .... not listed yet .....
Mal, They won't have them at this moment. I just finished assembling the other 24 blanks and will be mailing them out tomorrow. They should have them by the early part of next week. They won't last long, there's been quite a bit of interest for them. The guys on the other side of "the pond" are talking about a group buy to help save on shipping costs.

Ken

Ken Wines

Wonderful artistry! I do love seeing your work, and appreciate however-the-heck you make these.

Keep it up!
Thanks, Mark. The matrix board was definitely a plus for keeping this project organized. After I got the matrix loaded, to get the 25 species mix I started removing rows of pieces diagonally from upper left corner to lower right corner. When ever you came off the matrix at the bottom you just moved right one column, go the top at that column and continue the diagonal from there. The only mistake I really made was with the yellow heart and osage orange. I placed them 5 rows apart on the matrix. Because there are 5 pieces in each ring of the puzzle, that placed the two similar color side by side on adjacent rings. There was enough duplication of shapes that I could move pieces around, for the most part, and adjust the color balance on the puzzle blank pieces. I'll know better next time if I can remember.

Last edited:
Top Bottom