.243 Tru-shell™ with Deer Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

This is my first .243 rifle shell pen to make. I just got a wild hair today to build something different, and this is what came out of it. I had to make a few mods to the typical design that I am used to with the 30-06 casings, but it worked out well. Upper barrel is the obvious: Deer antler with 8 coats of CA, MM to 12000, then buffed with white jewelers rouge. All comments, criticisms welcome! I do apologize for the blue tone, was trying something different, outside light in the shade 2 hours ago, no flash.

Attachments

• .243 Tru-shell with deer antler 1.JPG
    .243 Tru-shell with deer antler 1.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 240
  • .243 Tru-shell with deer antler 002.JPG
    .243 Tru-shell with deer antler 002.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 214
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Papa mark

Seamus, great looking pen, good job. I think I will try that design with the 264 mag that I have been talking about. I'll probably call with questions. BTW I am sending out the care package tomorrow, be looking for it.

seamus7227

Looks good. Now shoot one my way.
Robby
Robby, pm me your addy, that was the pen i made for ya.

The .243 Shell looks great Seamus! what size projectile "bullet" did you use.
John, the bullet was a live round:eek: so whatever the shells are loaded with, it was small in comparison to the 30-06 that i'm used to.

Seamus, great looking pen, good job. I think I will try that design with the 264 mag that I have been talking about. I'll probably call with questions. BTW I am sending out the care package tomorrow, be looking for it.
Mark, sounds good! I love opening the mailbox when there is stuff in it for me! :biggrin:

Top Bottom