23 Money Blank Elegant Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Parson

Parson

Well, I finally finished my first big pen order. I figured out how many hours I spent on these 23 pens I should have just gotten a job at the Starbucks down the way from my house... the pay on this job was the same, and I haven't counted wear and tear on my equipment and the extra electricity to run it all.

But it was a great learning experience just the same...

Attachments

• pens.jpg
    pens.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 382
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Parson - I'll bet you're glad they are done... Now go turn something special for yourself and remind yourself that there is plenty of fun in pens! :)

They look great!

bruce119

Well they looked liked they turned out well. What color did you paint the inside with. Did you have any problems with blow-outs air bubbles or anything like that. From what I see in the photo looks pretty good. I know it can be grueling doing the same thing over and over again. But it's a good feeling when it's done and delivered.

NICE JOB

Bruce

beck3906

Well, I finally finished my first big pen order. I figured out how many hours I spent on these 23 pens I should have just gotten a job at the Starbucks down the way from my house... the pay on this job was the same, and I haven't counted wear and tear on my equipment and the extra electricity to run it all.

But it was a great learning experience just the same...

It's such a rush getting a large order. One of our first thoughts in preparing the quote is thinking that we can cut the price because it is so large. We often feel we can economize in scale.

Glad you worked through getting your order done. The pens also look good. Hope your customer enjiys them and they briong in future ordwers.

Parson

Bruce, I painted the gunmetal replacement tubes (looked better than their normal color) and the inside of the blanks with black, high temp primer spray paint from auto parts store. The blanks had no bubbles in them, but I did have to put two coats of medium CA glue over the finished blank to hide the edge of the paper showing through the PR.

Top Bottom