223 Bullet Stylus Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigShed

BigShed

Have been making quite a few of these lately, they are becoming a very popular item, both with and without clip.

IMG_5380.JPG

IMG_5381.JPG

IMG_5386.JPG

These two are made with a couple of blanks from Carrolls, Red Opal is the last one, the other one I don't know the name of but it is the equivalent in green.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

booney0717

Thosse look great. I have about 300 .223 casings just sittin in a bag here at the house. The bad thing is i cant use any of them for pens. As hard as .223 in to find right now, i'm gonna have to reload them if i want to keep shootin my ar15. Realy, realy cool pens!

BigShed

Thanks for the comments guys.

Very nice. Do I see the use of 3 cases to make each pen?

Yes, you do!

Thosse look great. I have about 300 .223 casings just sittin in a bag here at the house. The bad thing is i cant use any of them for pens. As hard as .223 in to find right now, i'm gonna have to reload them if i want to keep shootin my ar15. Realy, realy cool pens!

They would make 100 pens!

BigShed

Cutting sooooo many shells, what do you use??

I just cut the end of the casing off on my bandsaw (in a little jig) then turn them to length on my metal lathe, holding them in a shopmade collet made from acetal (Delrin) in the 3 jaw chuck.

Love the look of this.....care to share how to build or dimensions?
I've got a bunch of .223 brass

Might do a tutorial when I get some spare time, but overall length is 140mm (inc stylus), that isn't critical they can be somewhat shorter as well, as long as you have enough room for the refill.

They are a bit tricky to turn as there isn't much "meat" left on the top part, OD is 9.47mm and that is on a 7mm tube so wall thickness is only 1.25mm (2.5mm/2).

For this reason I also turn the top part on my metal lathe to get them straight and have less chance og blowing up a blank.

Last edited:
Top Bottom