2014 Extravaganza Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chuck Key

Chuck Key

Pictures submitted are at: http://www.penturners.org/forum/1696030-post11.html

Had lots of fun with this one. I made the center band twice, the lower barrel three times and the upper barrel 5 times. The center band was made first by placing a dime over a 1/4 inch punch. It is .70 at the upper barrel and .67 at the lower barrel.

sse4.png

The following picture shows portions of the lower and upper barrels side by side.

sse5.jpg

The ends were made from black Ebonite.

sse6.png

Happy to tie for 4th place in this awesome contest!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

loydstuts

Great pen. I had made a pen to enter and at the last minute, saw that I had not followed the rules by using too many kit components. I guess I should be relieved as I would have been smoked. But, there's the BASH coming up. Again, congratulations to ALL the entries. Your collective works are an ongoing inspiration.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
John, I have to confess that this wasn't the pen that I voted for. But In my defence, I didn't read the write-up so didn't appreciate that you made the CB by punching it out. It's been a few years since I've seen anyone doing that here on IAP. I have always been amazed by this process and intrigued why it doesn't mash flat the lettering. One day.....:rolleyes:

Every time I see a post by you, it reminds me of your 'Tactical Pens', the first of which I saw when I was very much a newbie here!!! Those have always been my favourites of your stuff....:biggrin:

Always been a fan. :biggrin: So well done !!:good::good::good:

Top Bottom