2014 Birthday Bash pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bobleibo

bobleibo

This year, I was the very fortunate winner of the John U feather blanks. To say I was excited would be an understatement. Have you ever seen anyone wait for then attack the letter carrier at the mailbox?
The first pen is a Ringneck Pheasant mounted on a Jr. Emperor rollerball. I really like the way the blank and the components blend together.
The second pen is an Amherst Pheasant mounted on a Jr. Emperor fountain pen. Little did I know at the time, but a "certain someone" was in the process of designing her own pen when she decided which kit to use and has already found a new home. Well, at least I got to keep one and turn both!
John also included finials for both pens but I could not find a way to dismantle the existing finials without damaging the kit. I have other plans for them now.
Thank you John U, your artistic ability makes a lot of us look good, especially me.
Cheers
Bob

Attachments

• Ringneck IAP.jpg
    Ringneck IAP.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Amherst IAP.jpg
    Amherst IAP.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 223
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Thank you Bob! I'm glad you like them. I love your choice of hardware. You did a great job bringing them to life, and if it makes you feel any better, I've never been quick enough to keep any of my Amherst pens either. lol Beautiful Work!

bobleibo

John,
I promise you that those blanks shine like glass! My photography skills - not so much.
If only I can find a way for the pictures that are museum quality in my eye to do the same thing in my camera....Ugh!
Cheers

Top Bottom